Today I will go on a bus tour to Kangaroo Island and stay there for a night.
The day started early: the bus picked me up at the hotel at 6:10. It was still dark outside! After a 2 hour drive we got to the ferry that would take us to the island. And on the other side, there was yet another bus waiting for us to show us around. Our schedule for today:
- Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Oil Distillery; as the name already suggest, this is a place where they extract oil from Eucalyptus leaves and turn it into all sorts of products.
- Lunch at Vivonne Bay Bistro; well we got lunch, but calling this a bistro is stretching the definition…
- Australian Birds of Prey presentation; fabulous!
- Seal Bay; This is the home of the Australian Sealion and here we walked amongst them.
- Parndana Wildlife Park; this place has all the animals that exist in Australia… We went through it in record time, but it was nice.
- Island Pure Sheep Dairy; here they produce a range of yoghurts and cheeses made from sheep milk. Don’t ask me why this was on the program; I still can’t think of any other reason than to support the local economy.
In between we did a whole lot of driving, so by the time I got to my guesthouse, I was very tired.
Here are the pictures of today:
Exploring Kangaroo Island day 1.
The track of today:
Want to respond to this post?
Look me up on